- This event has passed.
Lindy Hop beginners’ weekend in Malmö 18-19/9
September 18, 2021 @ 11:00 - September 19, 2021 @ 16:00
The course is open to everyone but this particular course has bigger youth and student discounts.
Registration for this weekend opens at non on the 18th of June
Do you like to dance or would you like to know how? Does “gangster swing” and “updated retro coolness” sound interesting? Then HepTown’s beginners Lindy Hop weekend workshop in Malmö is the thing for you!
Our introductory course is for those who have no knowledge of Lindy Hop, or took a couple of courses a long time ago and need to brush up the basics again.
You will learn different basic steps, the most common figures and basic leading/following techniques. The aim of the introductory course is to enable you to dance with the rest of us during social dance nights.
The workshop is a two-day introduction to this cool thing called Swing. We promise a workout worth a fitness centre combined with more fun than you’ve had for weeks. But be warned – it’s addictive…
Due to covid-19,
we limit the number of participants to a maximum of 36 people and skip the normally mandatory change of partners. You should of course stay at home and let us know if you have the slightest cold symptoms or the like which can be a sign of covid-19. You will then get your course fee as a credit to be used for a later course.
Read our full policy here: https://www.heptown.com/flu/
- When: Saturday & Sunday 11-16
- Requirements: NONE (bring flat indoor shoes and some lunch – that’s all)
- Price: SEK 400-850 (see below for details)
- The HepCat member prize for this beginners weekend is 800 SEK and HepCat membership costs another 50 SEK per semester.
- Young people under the age of 26 and all students receive 40% discount using the booking code UNG or STU