Retro Clubs & Living Swing Dance Classes Business and Bookings My Account
Username:

Password:

Always log me on:

I forgot my password
Get your retro news by e-mail. Subscribe to our "monthly" newsletter!

More info >>

Discussion Forum

Site F.A.Q.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyP
HepTown Citizen

PostPosted: 17 Jan 19:20 2006    Post subject: Site F.A.Q. Reply with quote

In this thread I'll try to answer all questions about the site and I'll keep this first post updated with questions and answers

cheers, Patrik Rydberg webmaster@heptown.com

Questions about the dance classes?
Please read the page with <a href="/dbpage.php/classes/faq/">Common questions and answers for the dance classes</a>

Why is page xxx not available in Danish/Swedish?
We have a goal to have almost all of the site in all three languages (English, Swedish and Danish) Though right now we haven't translated all that much into Danish and only a bit more into Swedish since we have focused on getting the site ready for release. Of course you are welcome to help out with translations if you feel like you can take the time to do them. If there are errors in the translations please let us know.

Why is there both a user profile page in the menu and a profile page in the forum?
This is due to the fact that we have integrated our course system and CMS (content management system) with the forum. Unfortunately we haven't managed a complete integration yet, and thus we left the forum profile on the site since there are some things in it that are not on the User profile page (such as avatar images)

What does new photos mean in the photo galleries?
It means that the gallery has had new photos added to it in the last 14 days, and the latest added photos are always at the top of the list of photos.

I can't log in / My user registration didn't work
Apparantly there is some kind of bug in the user creation part of the course system. This happens very seldom (1/100 times or so) and therefore we are having trouble finding what is causing it. If you can't log in after you created your user through the course pages it is very likely something went wrong and your user wasn't created at all. In that case first create your user using this page:
Forum user registration page
Then register to the classes.

Last edited by LazyP on 06 Feb 12:25 2006; edited 6 times in total
LazyP
HepTown Citizen

PostPosted: 20 Jan 09:10 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAQ updated with information about user profile / forum profile and photo galleries
LazyP
HepTown Citizen

PostPosted: 25 Jan 13:20 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAQ updated with User log in /user creation problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HepTown Forum Index -> Web Site Talk All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: